Authorities from Malaysia, Australia and China will hold a meeting to determine the next step in the search for missing flight MH370 as the deadline for halting the hunt for the plane approaches.
The Australian-led hunt for wreckage from the flight is expected to finish its high-tech scanning of a designated swathe of sea floor in the remote Indian Ocean by July.
PETALING JAYA: The Australian official in charge of the two-year search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 says the plane will be found this year, The Guardian reported.
Martin Dolan, head of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), was quoted as saying that the plane would “very likely" be found in the next four months, as search efforts entered its final phase.
SAINT-DENIS DE LA REUNION: A resident on the French Indian Ocean island of Reunion who last year found a wing fragment from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 said on Sunday he had come across a second possible piece from the missing plane.
Johnny Begue, who found the “flaperon” part while cleaning a beach last July, told AFP he handed over the new suspected object to police immediately after finding it last Thursday.
- DEBRIS EXAMINATION REPORTS - 28 FEB 2017
- SUMMARY OF POSSIBLE MH370 DEBRIS RECOVERED - 28 FEB 2017
- AUSTRALIA: MOZAMBIQUE DEBRIS ALMOST CERTAINLY FROM MH370
- PLANE DEBRIS FOUND IN SOUTH AFRICA, MAURITIUS FROM MH370, SAYS LIOW
- IDENTIFICATION OF TWO ITEMS OF DEBRIS RECOVERED FROM BEACHES IN SOUTH AFRICA AND MAURITIUS